top 10 wedding day send offs
Every part of the wedding planning is important — from finding THE dress, to choosing your colors, to planning your grand departure. If you want to make a lasting impression on your guests as you leave your wedding reception, take a look at our fun, and often non traditional, top 10 wedding day send offs!
1. Sparklers- They’re perfect for lighting up the night and I think we’ll all agree, they really do make for great photographs! *Planning Tip- Shell out for quality! Better quality sparklers usually don’t shoot wayward sparks, burn cleaner and last longer.
2. Glow Sticks- Glow sticks fill your wedding night with colorful lights, the perfect accompaniment to couples who want to dance the night away. Especially good for a night time exit, when sparklers aren’t allowed.
3. Lanterns- Sky lanterns, originating from Chinese culture, were used to declare hopes for a prosperous future. Have your guests follow tradition and send their lanterns into the sky with well wishes attached.
4. Bubbles- A bubble exit is a fun, playful and inexpensive way to depart. *Planning Tip- Great for daytime pictures, try these directly after the ceremony when you’re leaving the chapel.
5. Pom Poms- Have your guests cheer your new life as a couple together with pom poms! They make such cute photos, can easily match your wedding day colors, and afterwards, make great favors for guests to take home.
6. Balloons- What says a celebration like a balloon? They’re also an easy way to match the colors of your wedding and can add a whimsical feel.
7. Streamers- Streamers add a unique and colorful feeling to your photos!
8. Ribbons- Like using streamers but with a much easier clean up!
9. Rose Petals- A send off classic, rose petals are timelessly romantic, and great for the environment! They’re the one of the best “green” options out there, being bio-degradable and easily sourced locally (where they’re often grown organically). Believe it or not, roses are actually edible and won’t harm wildlife long after your departure.
(rice, pigeons, need I say more).
10. Confetti- Another colorful option, these make a dazzling photo display. Check out these confetti favor cones, for a clever DIY idea to try!
Hope you enjoyed reading about our top 10 wedding day send offs! If you’ve got ideas for #11 on our send off list, email us! We’ll pick the best and publish it here, plus on our facebook and twitter accounts.
Spring Wedding: Peaches and Cream, Wedding Style and Event Design, Athens, Georgia, Wedding Inspiration, Southern
These beautiful colors are perfect for a spring wedding! Check out this Pinterest board to see how to add these colors and rustic touches to any wedding.
Photo Credit: Sara + Logan Wedding Photography http://www.saralogan.co/
Check out our Personalized Wedding Signs Board, by Liz Messick Design on Pinterest!
Personalized Wedding Signs, Wedding Style and Event Design, Athens, Georgia
We’ve been busy creating several personalized wedding signs this year and thought we’d share a few of our faves for inspiration. Visit our Pinterest site to view this Board and many more!