top 10 wedding day send offs
Every part of the wedding planning is important — from finding THE dress, to choosing your colors, to planning your grand departure. If you want to make a lasting impression on your guests as you leave your wedding reception, take a look at our fun, and often non traditional, top 10 wedding day send offs!
1. Sparklers- They’re perfect for lighting up the night and I think we’ll all agree, they really do make for great photographs! *Planning Tip- Shell out for quality! Better quality sparklers usually don’t shoot wayward sparks, burn cleaner and last longer.
2. Glow Sticks- Glow sticks fill your wedding night with colorful lights, the perfect accompaniment to couples who want to dance the night away. Especially good for a night time exit, when sparklers aren’t allowed.
3. Lanterns- Sky lanterns, originating from Chinese culture, were used to declare hopes for a prosperous future. Have your guests follow tradition and send their lanterns into the sky with well wishes attached.
4. Bubbles- A bubble exit is a fun, playful and inexpensive way to depart. *Planning Tip- Great for daytime pictures, try these directly after the ceremony when you’re leaving the chapel.
5. Pom Poms- Have your guests cheer your new life as a couple together with pom poms! They make such cute photos, can easily match your wedding day colors, and afterwards, make great favors for guests to take home.
6. Balloons- What says a celebration like a balloon? They’re also an easy way to match the colors of your wedding and can add a whimsical feel.
7. Streamers- Streamers add a unique and colorful feeling to your photos!
8. Ribbons- Like using streamers but with a much easier clean up!
9. Rose Petals- A send off classic, rose petals are timelessly romantic, and great for the environment! They’re the one of the best “green” options out there, being bio-degradable and easily sourced locally (where they’re often grown organically). Believe it or not, roses are actually edible and won’t harm wildlife long after your departure.
(rice, pigeons, need I say more).
10. Confetti- Another colorful option, these make a dazzling photo display. Check out these confetti favor cones, for a clever DIY idea to try!
Hope you enjoyed reading about our top 10 wedding day send offs! If you’ve got ideas for #11 on our send off list, email us! We’ll pick the best and publish it here, plus on our facebook and twitter accounts.
Pantone announced the color of the year in early December of last year. To everyone’s surprise, they chose two colors this year — rose quartz and serenity! With the beautiful shade of light pink and light blue, many wedding ideas popped into mind. Wedding cakes, table decorations, invitations cards, and so many more! We created a Pinterest board of all the ideas but here are a few ideas that you may even choose for your wedding!
Delicate touch of the colors and flowers
Very chic and elegant use of the colors
macaron cake—a different twist for a wedding cake!
Two Little Cats Bakery
Invitation by Karli Noel Calligraphy
The perfect blend of rose quartz and serenity work so well together for a wedding. It adds a nice touch of delicate pinks and calming blues to create a dream-like wedding. Do you have any other ideas using these two colors? Leave your ideas and comments below!
Happy Planning Everyone!
« Newer Posts
— Older Posts »