top 10 wedding day send offs
Every part of the wedding planning is important — from finding THE dress, to choosing your colors, to planning your grand departure. If you want to make a lasting impression on your guests as you leave your wedding reception, take a look at our fun, and often non traditional, top 10 wedding day send offs!
1. Sparklers- They’re perfect for lighting up the night and I think we’ll all agree, they really do make for great photographs! *Planning Tip- Shell out for quality! Better quality sparklers usually don’t shoot wayward sparks, burn cleaner and last longer.
2. Glow Sticks- Glow sticks fill your wedding night with colorful lights, the perfect accompaniment to couples who want to dance the night away. Especially good for a night time exit, when sparklers aren’t allowed.
3. Lanterns- Sky lanterns, originating from Chinese culture, were used to declare hopes for a prosperous future. Have your guests follow tradition and send their lanterns into the sky with well wishes attached.
4. Bubbles- A bubble exit is a fun, playful and inexpensive way to depart. *Planning Tip- Great for daytime pictures, try these directly after the ceremony when you’re leaving the chapel.
5. Pom Poms- Have your guests cheer your new life as a couple together with pom poms! They make such cute photos, can easily match your wedding day colors, and afterwards, make great favors for guests to take home.
6. Balloons- What says a celebration like a balloon? They’re also an easy way to match the colors of your wedding and can add a whimsical feel.
7. Streamers- Streamers add a unique and colorful feeling to your photos!
8. Ribbons- Like using streamers but with a much easier clean up!
9. Rose Petals- A send off classic, rose petals are timelessly romantic, and great for the environment! They’re the one of the best “green” options out there, being bio-degradable and easily sourced locally (where they’re often grown organically). Believe it or not, roses are actually edible and won’t harm wildlife long after your departure.
(rice, pigeons, need I say more).
10. Confetti- Another colorful option, these make a dazzling photo display. Check out these confetti favor cones, for a clever DIY idea to try!
Hope you enjoyed reading about our top 10 wedding day send offs! If you’ve got ideas for #11 on our send off list, email us! We’ll pick the best and publish it here, plus on our facebook and twitter accounts.